Tobacco Treatment Specialist/Hope Specialist
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
The Tobacco Treatment Specialist/HOPE Coordinator helps coordinate activities to reduce smoking and help reach healthy lifestyle goals amongst persons with HIV including guidance and encouragement to clients in smoking cessation attempts as well as working across agency services to assure staff competency, completion of assessment activities and appropriate documentation.
TURP Essential Functions:
- Originate referrals to Michigan’s Tobacco Quit Line.
- Arrange and facilitate focus groups.
- Conduct brief tobacco use assessments/re-assessments and enter data into CareWare.
- Assure clients and staff participation in completing project surveys and assessments.
- Follow-up with referred clients to document tobacco use status and use of resources, as well as provide additional support for cessation.
- Research and create local tobacco dependence treatment client resources and make them available internally for clients and staff.
- Develop expertise around evidence-based tobacco cessation interventions and strategies.
- Promote public awareness and education of tobacco prevention through mainstream communication outlets utilizing organizations website and social media.
- Collaborate with other community health agencies and organizations on promotional campaigns and partner in health education programs and services.
- Monitors effectiveness and level of effort, recommending programmatic changes accordingly.
HOH Essential Functions:
- Identify clients with barriers to referrals/transitions and help clients address clinical, insurance, and logistic needs.
- Maintain friendly, confident, open, and effective communication with clients to identify program eligibility and inspire continued participation.
- Assist clients to determine goals, readiness to change, and supports the behavior Internally track and manage referrals/transitions.
- Create and update client charts, records, and notes.
- Assist with Identifying necessary data for monthly and quarterly reports.
- Schedule and co-facilitate physical interventions
- Track client participation in activities, events, and appointments.
- Support interdisciplinary team training on HOH objectives.
- Develop a shared understanding of community services and local supports.
- BS/BA in a relevant field with experience in community engagement experience.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations; and maintains inclusion and equity as main practice.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ health issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess a person-centered approach, that includes flexibility with client’s priorities, evolving needs, and goals.
- Familiar with community resources and services.
- Capable to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Strong computer, data collection and social media skills.
- Basic understanding of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting.
- Competent to meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.