Henry Ford Care Coordinator
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
TITLE: Henry Ford Care Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Lead Medical Case Manager
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
The Henry Ford Care Coordinator works together with Henry Ford Health Systems infectious disease staff to assist clients who have treatment adherence issues and declining health and need assistance with co-morbidities. The HFCC is accountable for assuring effective use of available resources, and maintaining established standards of care.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Work with client to determine what needs to be done to help client enter/remain in HIV primary care.
- Help client decide which of the tasks that need to be completed by the client, and which by the case manager.
Refer client to providers who can help client to achieve his/her goals.
- Maintain contact with providers to ensure client has completed referral process.
- Contact service providers when client has difficulty in accessing services from that provider.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Coordinate care of assigned clients with that of other service providers who provide care to the client, such as substance abuse treatment centers and mental health professionals.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Meet with each client every six months to review client’s situation.
- Revise service plan with client to reflect any changes in client situation.
- Determine with client the client’s level of self-sufficiency and stability in HIV primary care.
- Discharge client from case management if client is self-sufficient and stable in HIV primary care using agency processes.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in bi-weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required in human services field or commensurate experience with HIV positive individuals.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.