Guided Empowerment Model (GEM) Linkage to Care Specialist
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
UNIFIED is the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
TITLE: Guided Empowerment Model (GEM) Linkage to Care Specialist
REPORTS TO: GEM Coordinator
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Develop with client/ family a service delivery plan based on identified needs, available community resources, and financial status of client. Direct clients to needed services and coordinate and monitor access to and delivery of quality services.
- Weekly monitor and coordinate, through contact with family and community resource service providers, to ensure optimal utilization of offered services and adequate provision of needed services.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date client records including demographics, proof of status, care plan implementation and evaluation of care.
- Provide risk reduction education (i.e. safer sex education, and safer injection education) in order to prevent comorbidity risk and increased community viral load.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a network referral system un the health care and social service community by becoming familiar with formal and informal services available to both clients/ families, reporting new services or changes in established services, and identifying gaps in available community services.
- Connect clients to resources in order to access mental health, substance abuse, and other psychosocial needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in monthly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Associates degree, High school diploma or equivalent required with at least one year experience in human services.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.