- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
The Development Intern will be responsible for assisting the VP of Advancement with managing and cultivating relationships with donors, and maintaining records. The intern position will be focused on assisting the Development committee with events.
- Assist with development of volunteer fundraisers program, including: researching and sharing best practices for fundraising events and campaigns; communicating regularly via email and telephone with volunteer fundraisers and committee members.
- Communicate with current and prospective donors
- Help maintain and update donor databases
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Research projects, prospects, and initiatives for the Development committee
- Draft profiles of prospective donors for Development committee
- Perform general administrative duties to assist VP, to include general filing and data entry
- Assist in ensuring proactive planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events including annual events, dinner programs, networking events, and special interest group meetings
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with research a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information
This position is an unpaid internship