- 2287 Ellsworth Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond. Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
The HIV Prevention Specialist is responsible providing HIV prevention education to people living with HIV and people at a high risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV. The HIV Prevention Specialist position specializes in providing HIV prevention education to gay/bisexual men living with HIV/AIDS and their sexual partners as well as high risk heterosexual females.
- Provide HIV/STD counseling, testing and referral services
- Conduct and facilitate outreach and HIV Prevention Intervention workshops and skills building sessions to selected target populations
- Participate in UHHB Prevention Program activities including: outreach events, community and group educational events, distribution of HIV/STI informational and risk reduction materials and other field assignments as required
- Link newly diagnosed individuals to care services, including case management and doctor appointments, as well as helping with access to health insurance
- Develop relationships with the community in order to gain access to HIV positive individuals and individuals at risk for HIV infection
- Assist with the development and marketing of programs/services to targeted audiences
- Provide timely data entry and documentation into contractually mandated systems
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Current HIV Prevention & Testing Certification through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) preferred or obtained within six months of hire
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred or obtained within six months of hire
- 1-2 years working in HIV/STI Prevention
- 1-2 years HIV Prevention and/or Outreach experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Basic knowledge of HIV/STI
- Working knowledge of the community, health systems, key stakeholders and peer leaders.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.