Director of Behavioral Health Services
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
The Director of Behavioral Health will be responsible for daily management and operations of UNIFIED-HIV Health and Beyond's Behavioral Health services. The Director will provide administrative/clinical supervision to the program staff to ensure all services are delivered according to funding requirements. The Director is responsible for ensuring quality of care for all behavioral health participants, including but not limited to, Syringe Access and Behavioral Health therapy.
- Assists in the development of internal quality standards of care for persons with substance use disorder to develop, implement and monitor a continuous quality improvement program.
- Participates in the development of grant proposals and other funding arrangements relevant to Harm Reduction and Syringe Access
- Contribute to program development activities relevant to the maintenance and expansion of the programs, including working with other UNIFIED-HIV Health and Beyond’s program directors and external entities to the best interests of the agency
- Maintain appropriate documentation of clinical and therapy services, including all necessary funding information
- Ensure participants and program goals are met in accordance with established funders program policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to clinical therapist through clinical supervision and reviews, consultation, training and support to ensure contract compliance, program quality, and best practices
- Evaluate individual and team overall performance on a regular basis; using collected data and information to make needed improvements, including adjustments as needed to Therapists’ caseloads to maximize quality of care
- Prepare monthly productivity reports Prepares reports for quality improvement
- Monitor unmet needs of clients so as to identify new program initiatives and or changes in the delivery of current services
- Actively participates in the development of program budgets and monthly reviews to report to funder’s as required
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and proficiency through continuing education, staff meetings, workshops and serving on special committees
- Masters of Social Work degree required State of Michigan Social Worker, LMSW is required
- 3+ years’ experience providing therapy services and supervisor/management experience in human services, strongly preferred
- Knowledge and previous work in the substance use field preferred
- Possession of valid State of Michigan Driver's License with appropriate auto insurance and proof of access to a private vehicle for day to day job performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.