- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
The President is responsible for the execution of the strategic plan as developed by the UNIFIED-HIV Health and Beyond (UHHB) Board of Directors, the overall management of the delivery of services, and fiscal management of the organization to meet those objectives. The President reports to and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors and the President will work together to ensure the financial sustainability of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the organization’s financial budget in partnership with the Board and leadership team for final Board approval
- Ensure compliance with respect to grants received and timely reporting of results and outcomes
- Assist in the development and execution of a fundraising plan with the Vice President of Advancement and the Board of Directors to meet the goals as outlined in the agency budget
- Identify and secure funding partnerships that meet the goals and objectives of the organization’s mission and strategic plan
- Leadership and Strategy
- Foster and support a positive, supportive and professional workplace culture, ensuring that agency staff are informed of and understand agency history, policies and culture
- Establish and work to achieve annual goals and program outcomes with each Vice President for their respective departments
- Actively seek ways to improve existing programs to better meet the needs of clients, while remaining on the cutting edge of best practices
- Responsible for hiring and coaching direct reports, including ensuring establishing clear goals and objectives for direct staff
- Identify service needs based on assessment of key population needs and interest in services
- Identify new service opportunities made available by funding sources or changes in fields of service. Implement new services, assuring resources, training, procedures, and tracking of outcomes
- Serve as the primary staff contact to the Board of Directors. Ensure timely and accurate communication with the Board related to all agency work – staffing, programs, fiscal position, fundraising objectives
- Community Relations and PR
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with and represent UHHB in local, regional, and national events and meetings to enhance the organization’s success and visibility
- Ensure coordination of agency relationships with funding sources, community coalitions, human service agencies and both state and regional HIV service organizations
- Bachelor's degree required
- Leader with the knowledge, experience, and vision to expand the agency visibility and reach
- Experience with fostering and maintaining organization morale and creating opportunities for talent and professional development
- Significant executive leadership operations experience including, fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Strong preference for a candidate with experience in multi-sector grant funded organizations
- Preference for a candidate with experience with billable services
- Strong understanding of the principles of cultural humility and diversity, equity and inclusion practices, specifically as they relate to working with marginalized populations
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with professional presentations