Administrative Office Assistant
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Please note: As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
AIDS Partnership Michigan (APM) was formed in 1996 through a merger between Wellness Networks, Inc. and AIDS Care Connection. APM was established to better address the emerging AIDS epidemic in the Detroit/Metro area. AIDS Partnership Michigan has always worked by providing education and services to help prevent the spread of HIV and to help connect people living with HIV to needed services.
HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) was founded in 1986 by a group of volunteers to provide HIV/AIDS related services to the people of Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties. Over the past decade, HARC has developed into a leading HIV/AIDS services provider in Michigan.
TITLE: Administrative Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit and Ypsilanti Locations
POSTING: UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond seeks an administrative office assistant. This posting will close October 11, 2019.
Work with the leadership team (President/CEO and Vice Presidents) organizing and processing documentation to include:
- Obtaining and/or creating needed documents for grants.
- Organizing and maintaining all personnel records.
- Assist with bank deposits and other errands in support of office operations.
Organize all onboarding documents for new employees to include:
- New employee packet.
- Benefits packet and registration in Ease Central.
- Communicate with all benefit partners to maintain current rosters and special communication as needed.
- Organize meeting(s) for onboarding including development of agenda and preparation of paper and electronic documents.
- Obtaining all pre-hiring background checks (criminal, driver’s license).
- Conducting pre-hire reference checks.
Routine maintenance of numerous tracking systems to include:
- Probationary and annual performance reviews and communicate approaching deadlines to immediate supervisors.
- Driver’s license and insurance expiration dates and communication to staff as updates are needed.
- Business agreements, memorandums of understanding, etc. and communicate needed updates to the leadership team.
- Conduct regular personnel file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Receive approved PTO requests enter them into Google shared calendar; filing originals into the personnel record.
- Answering calls and routing messages for the organization during specific, scheduled times.
- Obtaining and tracking all status changes and disseminating as required to designated contacts.
- Obtaining demographic changes from staff members and filing in personnel files.
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Receiving supply requests and ensuring adequate office supplies for all offices.
- Receive and process maintenance requests to maintain operational copiers, postage meters, phones, printers, computers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 3-5 years of experience in support staff administration.
- Proficient in Google calendars, Microsoft Office Suite, word, outlook, excel, Power Point, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel between Detroit and Ypsilanti as needed.
Please provide a cover letter and references when submitting your application.
This position will require travel to both our Detroit and Ypsilanti offices.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.