Corrections Outreach Coordinator
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Please note: As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
AIDS Partnership Michigan (APM) was formed in 1996 through a merger between Wellness Networks, Inc. and AIDS Care Connection. APM was established to better address the emerging AIDS epidemic in the Detroit/Metro area. AIDS Partnership Michigan has always worked by providing education and services to help prevent the spread of HIV and to help connect people living with HIV to needed services.
HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) was founded in 1986 by a group of volunteers to provide HIV/AIDS related services to the people of Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties. Over the past decade, HARC has developed into a leading HIV/AIDS services provider in Michigan.
TITLE: Corrections Outreach Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Lead Re-entry Medical Case Manager
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours weekly)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
- Organize and conduct the reentry psychosocial support group, Free to Be Me, for the agency
- Prepare curriculum for workshops and groups
- Attend multi-disciplinary care team meetings
- Serve as an advocate for clients’ needs, keeping clients informed of new policies, services, and other events that can help enrich their well-being
- Establish and maintain client records including demographics, proof of status, and eligibility
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system
- Provide outreach to individuals living with HIV in the Michigan Department of Corrections and link to HIV case management services as needed
- Coordinate visits to the Michigan Department of Corrections with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Provide outreach to individuals living with HIV in the county jails of the Eligible Metropolitan Area and link to HIV case management services as needed
- Provide HIV education and stigma reduction education to corrections nursing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required with at least three years of experience in human services
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized
- Knowledge of community resources helpful
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have a fully insured vehicle and driver license.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.