Guided Empowerment Model (GEM) Linkage to Care Specialist
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Please note: As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
AIDS Partnership Michigan (APM) was formed in 1996 through a merger between Wellness Networks, Inc. and AIDS Care Connection. APM was established to better address the emerging AIDS epidemic in the Detroit/Metro area. AIDS Partnership Michigan has always worked by providing education and services to help prevent the spread of HIV and to help connect people living with HIV to needed services.
HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) was founded in 1986 by a group of volunteers to provide HIV/AIDS related services to the people of Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties. Over the past decade, HARC has developed into a leading HIV/AIDS services provider in Michigan.
As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond.
TITLE: Guided Empowerment Model (GEM) Linkage to Care Specialist
REPORTS TO: Lead Non-Medical Case Manager
DETAILS: Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
LOCATION: Detroit Office
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Develop with client/ family a service delivery plan based on identified needs, available community resources, and financial status of client. Direct clients to needed services and coordinate and monitor access to and delivery of quality services.
- Weekly monitor and coordinate, through contact with family and community resource service providers, to ensure optimal utilization of offered services and adequate provision of needed services.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date client records including demographics, proof of status, care plan implementation and evaluation of care.
- Provide risk reduction education (i.e. safer sex education, and safer injection education) in order to prevent comorbidity risk and increased community viral load.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a network referral system un the health care and social service community by becoming familiar with formal and informal services available to both clients/ families, reporting new services or changes in established services, and identifying gaps in available community services.
- Connect clients to resources in order to access mental health, substance abuse, and other psychosocial needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in monthly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Associates degree, High school diploma or equivalent required with at least one year experience in human services.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.