- 3011 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Please note: As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
AIDS Partnership Michigan (APM) was formed in 1996 through a merger between Wellness Networks, Inc. and AIDS Care Connection. APM was established to better address the emerging AIDS epidemic in the Detroit/Metro area. AIDS Partnership Michigan has always worked by providing education and services to help prevent the spread of HIV and to help connect people living with HIV to needed services.
HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) was founded in 1986 by a group of volunteers to provide HIV/AIDS related services to the people of Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, and Washtenaw counties. Over the past decade, HARC has developed into a leading HIV/AIDS services provider in Michigan.
As of December 1, 2015 AIDS Partnership Michigan and HIV/AIDS Resource Center have merged. We are now UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond.
TITLE: Registered Dietician
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs and Operations
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond, a multi-service organization for persons with HIV, seeks individuals to help persons impacted by HIV.
- Act as nutritional consultant and resource to members of the care team.
- Coordinates various education programs and seminars on nutritional topics.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics or related field that meets the requirements of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This can be acquired through the completion of an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved four year Baccalaureate degree program and an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited advanced Training program.
- Certifications and Licenses Required: Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.