- Unit 2a Lanchester Way, Advanced Manufacturing Park, Catcliffe, Rotherham, United Kingdom
- Department: Fusion Technology - Business and Operations
- Salary: £23,464 to 25,030 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
- Confirmed Grade: Level 2
- Site Location: UKAEA Rotherham, Yorkshire
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
We have an exciting role for an experienced secretary to join UKAEA at our brand new facility which will provide a unique testing centre for fusion components. This newly created role requires someone with exceptional administration skills to join us during this exciting new venture to ensure that everyone who attends the site are inducted safely and welcomed to FTF Yorkshire.
You will have worked in a customer centric environment and must have a proactive approach to work. You have demonstrable experience of treating sensitive data appropriately and with discretion and you will be confident managing multiple conflicting priorities with excellent organisation and time management skills.
What will you be responsible for?
- Providing general administrative and reception support for UKAEA Yorkshire
- Answering phone calls from internal and external customers
- Electronic diary management, booking meetings, electronic storage of documents, scanning
- Maintaining the daily booking system for contractors and visitors to ensure compliance with Health and Safety processes
- Organising and monitoring site induction for contractors and visitors
- Operating the reception desk including meeting and dealing with customers
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Previous administration experience
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products with a good level of general IT skills
- Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Excellent customer service skills developed within a customer centric environment
- Ability to treat sensitive data appropriately and with discretion
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
Desirable skills, experience and competence
If you have experience or qualifications in any of the below areas, this would be advantageous:
- Fire Warden
- First Aider
- DSE Assessor
If you also have any finance system experience, this would be beneficial.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our dedicated ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) partner, with the support from our Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10-minute walk from Culham Railway Station in Oxfordshire.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 15th April 2021 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.