Staff Web Software Engineer - Client Event Infrastructure
Help lead a team of web engineers that build client-side infrastructure that enables product teams across Twitter to learn and iterate quickly.
Company Description: Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
As a lead web engineering on the Client Events Infrastructure team, you’ll help set technical direction, drive execution, and mentor members of the team. Your work will directly impact the speed (i.e. Velocity) in which Twitter delivers products to our customers.
Why it matters:
Every day, hundreds of millions of Twitter users initiate tens of billions of interactions with the platform. Our team architects solutions to measure and understand these interactions, and works with our customers to make sure they can measure how their product is performing as easily as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating closely with the EM and tech leads to drive technical directions and roadmaps
- Providing technical mentorship to other members of the team
- Designing architectural solutions to make measuring product usage as easy as possible
- Working with customers to understand their needs and prioritize how we can serve them
- Coordinating with backend teams to make sure that the solutions you're designing work holistically end to end for customer use cases
- Collaborating closely with your counterparts on Android and iOS to drive consistency between platforms
- Helping to iterate on the day to day processes the team uses to ensure we're being productive and working in a way that's best for us
Qualifications: - Experience developing Web applications
- Experience leading complex projects and driving the technical direction
- Experience with React a plus
- Experience mentoring and coaching other technical members of the team
- A focus on growth and learning
- A passion for solving customer problems
More Information: A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.