Sr. Software Engineer - Platform Security
Who We Are:
The Platform Security team is a part of the Platform Org and focuses on executing large engineering efforts on the twitter stack that addresses significant gaps in our overall security capabilities. The team builds and owns core security services and libs that promote security by default in our platform. The team is also investing in building services to improve twitter's detection capabilities by leveraging both internal and third-party intelligence.
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer in Platform Security, you will build distributed systems, and framework libraries to provide security defaults, along with tools to detect security threats in our products and API's
Who You Are
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the boundaries of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, with expertise in software engineering standards (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Solid experience working with distributed systems.
- Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Good understanding of JVM-based architecture.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Security fundamentals, e.g. how TLS works.
Additional Information: A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records