Senior Director, Catalyst (Mid-Market)
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Founded in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Noah Glass, Twitter is a public company with tremendous global reach. Twitter’s public platform extends its reach of content beyond the company’s core properties. Media outlets and Twitter’s platform partners distribute Tweets beyond Twitter’s properties to complement their content, thereby making it more timely, relevant, and comprehensive. Also, partners add value to Twitter’s user experience by contributing content to the core platform. Many of the world’s most trusted content creators such as the BBC, Bloomberg, ESPN, NBCU, and the NFL., to name a few, regularly use Twitter as a global platform to communicate their message.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Twitter has over 35 offices across the globe. For more information, please visit about.twitter.com
Key facts and financial highlights
- Monthly daily active users: 192 million monthly active users in Q4 2020 (up 26 percent year-over-year)
- 2020 revenue: $3.72 billion (up 7 percent year-over-year)
- 86 percent from advertising (14 percent from data licensing and other services)
- Advertising revenue:
- 55 percent from U.S.
- 45 percent from international
- Twitter advertising revenue grew 7 percent year-over-year
- 2021 Q3 revenue: $1.28 billion (37 percent growth)
- 2021 Q3 mDAU: Average monetizable DAU (mDAU) reached 211 million,
- Market cap: $37.15 billion (as of December 9, 2021)
- Employees: 6,600 full-time employees and growing
- NYSE: TWTR
This leader will be charged with inspiring a team of 45 people across 7 markets in the US to continue driving deep rooted growth with a broad set of advertising partners. The Catalyst & Government/ Causes team is responsible for building durable partnerships across Fortune 250 to 1000 companies in order to diversify Twitter’s base of customers. This team covers all verticals (CPG, Tech, Telco, Retail, Financial Services, Gaming, M&E, Non-Profits, Energy, etc) and contributes to a substantial portion of Twitter US revenue. Given the broad scope of responsibilities, this requires a leader who is adaptable, versatile and dynamic.
This person will be goal oriented, driven and entrepreneurial. They will be tasked with building and leading a diverse and complex scaled business and therefore should have strong operational, interpersonal and organizational skills. The leader should have senior-level agency contacts, high level direct brand relationships and a track record of achievements and experience leading other people managers. The leader should also have a solid understanding and experience w/ full funnel ad solutions given how critical full funnel solutions will be in accelerating our growth in the next few years.
There will be a great deal of cross functional work required, therefore this person should be able to build internal relationships, collaborate effectively and communicate and debate fearlessly. Given this is a team dealing with ever changing clients within Twitter Clients Solutions, this leader needs to possess the skills and wherewithal to test and experiment, measure results and pivot accordingly.
Finally, this team truly embodies #LoveWhereYouWork, so this individual needs to know how to inspire a team of managers, individual contributors, and a diverse client base.
- Generate revenue towards a defined quota established for revenue earned from advertising revenue
- Lead a high-performing team by recruiting excellent talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, allocating resources efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership
- Directly manage a growing team of Sales Managers focused on renewing and expanding existing customer revenues
- Provide sales mentorship and elevate the team’s abilities to close revenue. identify new accounts, and grow existing accounts
- Lead the dialogue with sales and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning
- Utilizing your industry knowledge and online advertising expertise, serve as an evangelist for Twitter promoted products
- Provide direction to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform offering
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines along with incremental bookings
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management, and new customer on-boarding responsibilities
- Develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share the learnings internally with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Research, Brand Strategy, Content Planning & Content Partnerships
- Be proactive and innovative in solving problems and decision making
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- 15+ years of professional experience, with 5+ years of sales / business management within a sales organization
- Strong full funnel ad solutions experience
- Experience in media sales and leading a team of managers
- Strong experience running high performance teams in a client-facing environment.
- Demonstrable success as a senior business leader.
- Experience distilling complex messages into simple narrative
- Presentation writing skills
- Ability to communicate with customers into a clear, memorable and engaging way
- Outstanding organizational, operational and project management skill
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BA/BS degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.