Senior + Software Engineer - Core Ads - Traffic Quality
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Ads Traffic Quality identifies non-human and invalid traffic. The system is critical in preserving advertiser trust, protecting advertiser’s investment and achieving compliance with latest industry standards.
Traffic Quality handles ad impressions and engagements in the orders of millions per second, and is directly consumed by multiple internal consumers including ads billing, ads analytics and prediction training. The tech stack for traffic quality is out-of-date, and a subset of rule based filters are hard to maintain. As an engineer in the team, you’ll collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and product managers to design and build the next generation of traffic quality system for Twitter ads.
- 6+ years of experience with distributed system and large-scale data processing
- 6+ years of experience in Scala, Java, or another JVM-based or functional programming language
- Willing to be periodically part of an out-of-hours on-call schedule (we’re flexible if you need to change times, but it’s about collectively supporting and owning services we create)
- Past experience in ad tech or fraudulent detection
- Past experience with data analytics and statistics
- Past experience using Kafka
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.