Data Science Manager - Health
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Defending the health and integrity of the public conversation is Twitter’s top priority. The Health Data Science Team partners with Product, Engineering, and Policy to rigorously understand and quantify Twitter's highly complex and adversarial Health space and use this understanding to empower the Health Organization to better protect our users.
As a data science manager you build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion. You balance autonomy with guidance by giving your team the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently. You have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and are comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolutions in the case of bad incidents.
You take responsibility for the group’s short-term and long-term strategy, define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with multi-functional partners and inspire your team to independently do the same.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Data Science or adjacent roles.
- 3+ years of experience managing Data Scientists
- Expertise solving complex and highly impactful quantitative problems with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL.
- A PhD or advanced degree in a quantitative field or commensurate experience
- Domain expertise in statistical inference
- Relevant Health or Platform Integrity domain expertise
- Work experience at a large tech company
- Expertise with quantitative analytics tools at scale with technologies such as Spark.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.