Engineering Manager, Notification Relevance Infrastructure
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are: The Notifications Relevance Infrastructure team is responsible for the systems, platforms and, pipelines that power the machine learning and data layers behind all Notifications product experience and relevance. We deal with scalability in the billions, high-velocity product development and we are excited by the challenges of this magnitude. We are looking for an engineering manager who is excited to lead the team that builds out the ML Systems and pipelines that power our Notifications products, both online and offline. You will lead system and machine learning engineers and help set team roadmaps, present to executives, drive the career development of your teammates, and influence all facets of the company’s Notifications strategy.
As a member of the Notifications Relevance Infrastructure team, you will:
- Manage software and machine learning engineering team within Twitter’s Notifications Org
- Develop and deliver high-impact, forward-looking roadmaps for your teams for a time horizon of years.
- Directly shape the direction of how Twitter’s Notifications product utilizes scalable Machine Learning platforms and data processing pipelines
- Work directly with engineers, product managers and designers across the company to lead the building of tools and systems that enable them to accomplish amazing things.
- Work with internal customers to ensure they are able to send notifications based on their needs.
- Communicate fearlessly and build trust with diverse stakeholders
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operational excellence
- Help solve cross-functional problems at scale
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- 5+ years of combined experience in the machine learning engineering and distributed systems space,
- Experience managing and working with distributed teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or other technical disciplines (MSc/PhD is a plus)
- Robust project management skills, including work estimation, prioritization, planning, tracking, and retrospectives
- Excellent people manager with a record of recruiting, managing, and retaining talent
- Empathetic, self-aware, and with a growth mindset leadership
- High-judgement, data-driven decision-maker
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in any programming language like Java, Scala or Python
Desired (not required):
- Previous management experience in a high-performing, large-scale technology company
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Past experience building Notifications and/or Recommendation Systems Infrastructure
- GDPR experience and enforcing Privacy by design principles is a huge plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.