APAC and India Privacy and Data Protection Counsel
Twitter’s mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.
Who We Are:
Privacy and Data Protection team members are key advisors to a wide range of Twitter teams and partner closely with other legal and business colleagues to support Marketing, the People Team, Public Policy, Procurement, IT, InfoSec, and others on all things Privacy and Data Protection. We are passionate about privacy and data protection and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a cross-functional champion for privacy and data protection.
- Build, refine and scale privacy and data protection compliance processes for the APAC and India teams.
- Work on regulatory investigations and responses.
- Play a key part in data protection impact assessments.
- Closely partner with our product and other counsel teams to ensure we have visibility across business units and offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organization.
- Provide legal support and guidance on privacy and data protection inquiries from users.
- Respond to internal and external privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver best in class privacy and data protection training initiatives across the company.
- Work with legal and other teams to review and track privacy and data protection compliance through project lifecycles.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations, especially those related to cybersecurity, privacy, data governance and other applicable areas.
- Pitch in where it’s needed, we’re a small team so we all pull our weight to get things done.
Who You Are:
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters and technologies.
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- You are a team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to complete several simultaneous projects on a deadline.
- Detail oriented with excellent writing skills.
- You get things done!
- 8+ years PQE legal experience (though more experience is welcome), including supporting and advising businesses on privacy and data protection related concerns, ideally with both a law firm and / or within a fast-paced technology, media, advertising agency, or Internet company.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Ability to effectively advise, develop relationships, and work collaboratively across stakeholders both within and outside of Legal.
- Experience counseling both technical and non-technical clients (e.g. marketing and engineering teams).
- Regulatory investigations experience preferred.
- A combination of in-house and academic, government, self-regulatory and/or private practice experience preferable, but not required.
- Solution-oriented, customer service, risk tolerant and growth mindset.
- A teamplayer comfortable in situations and environments that change quickly.
- Experience implementing global privacy and data protection requirements including for example data mapping, DPIAs, and various compliance records.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- CIPP certification is not required but is preferred.
- L.L.B./J.D. degree (or equivalent) and membership in at least one state bar (preferably Singapore or other APAC jurisdictions) L.L.B./J.D. degree (or equivalent) and membership in at least one state bar (preferably Singapore or other APAC jurisdictions).
- Language skills are not required but are a big plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.