Senior Manager Strategy & Operations, Legal
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. Public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services now arise in regulatory bodies and legislatures.
The Legal Strategy and Operations Senior Manager, will report to the Director, Strategy & Operations for Twitter’s Counsel Organization and work alongside and provide support to the General Counsel as well as Twitter’s Legal team. This person will help sustain a high performance environment as it relates to strategic planning and execution, team engagement and development, and communication across the Legal organization as well as design and lead cross-functional initiatives supporting the Counsel Organization. You will have experience partnering with and supporting legal or in-house counsel teams. You will be passionate about identifying foundational and institutional challenges, building comprehensive initiatives to address those core issues, and ensuring accountability and transparency as we work to change the way we do business.
Who We Are
With the mission of empowering and defending our company and our customers through innovative and collaborative solutions, our Counsel Organization, composed of our Compliance, Legal, Public Policy and Trust & Safety teams work on initiatives around the globe. Whether it’s developing policies for Twitter, supporting product launches, protecting our customers, supporting our teams, or working with government officials and civil societies on issues surrounding freedom of expression, we’re passionate about serving the public conversation and growing the business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and execute projects to drive teamwork, efficiency, and productivity.
- Run all Legal strategic processes including annual strategy, business improvement processes, develop and manage OKRs, and plan and host all offsites and team meetings.
- Drive Legal team engagement and development activities.
- Develop and implement processes that can scale and sustain our global organization resulting in improvements to organizational structure and alignment.
- Serve as a strategic thought-partner to the General Counsel as well as our Counsel Strategy & Operations team.
- Coordinate all reporting and communications across the organization.
- Represent Counsel and Legal as a key liaison with other corporate functions and travel as needed to support strategic objectives.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about crafting strategies and executing initiatives.
- Experienced at influencing diverse partners and driving accountability and decision-making across teams.
- Base your work on trusted and validated methodologies while maintaining a spirit of experimentation and continuous learning.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and building relationships across multiple teams on a global scale.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, curious and creative with a sense of humor.
- Outstanding project management, financial management, and business analysis skills.
- MBA, JD or graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years professional experience
- 8+ years in strategy and operations roles, and/or as an internal or external management consultant.
- 4+ years of experience working with a legal team.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and communications skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records