Staff Systems Development Engineer - Network Engineering
- Dublin, Ireland
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are:
Twitter's Network Engineering team handles a dynamic, constantly growing and evolving global network that provides a reliable, high-performance and secure network behind one of the few products in the world that touches over 1 billion people.
Twitter Network Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Staff Systems Development Engineer to join its team to provide unique networking and software expertise in developing software products that enable Twitter's global network.
Who You Are:
You will take pleasure building highly resilient, performant, and thoroughly tested distributed systems which deploy, scale and manage our large-scale data center, backbone, and edge networks. You will be a technical lead with the ability to collaborate on software automation design and develop automation software as a team. You will have strong verbal and written communications, strong ownership and the ability to work in multi-disciplined technical teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science computer engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of software development experience and proficiency in an object-oriented language (i.e. Python, Scala or Java)
- 3+ years of network engineering experience with large-scale networks, including routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, or equivalent experience developing automation that interacts with such networks
- Ability to learn new programming languages, and/or prior experience in a JVM-based or functional programming language
- Experience with developing business-critical distributed large-scale systems and in-depth knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for software development life cycles
A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records