Engineering - Mobile Developer Experience
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We provide tools and processes that encourage and empower developers at Twitter to deliver high-quality products to users on mobile devices efficiently.
Who We Are:
We provide tools and processes that encourage and empower developers at Twitter to deliver high-quality products to users on mobile devices efficiently. We identify challenges and friction points encountered by mobile engineers within Twitter Engineering and then provide solutions which can be applied by multiple engineers to help them increase their development velocity.
We work with the teams which run source control, CI/CD, and the build systems for all of Twitter and help them deliver solutions to meet the specialised needs of mobile developers, which means we sometimes partner with the team to offer advice, and other times we will write code and deliver tools to make developers lives easier, which means we have a lot of variety in the work we do.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work with a variety of teams and tools to identify issues, look for solutions, and deliver those solutions as part of the Twitter development processes for iOS and Android.
You’ll use and analyse technologies like IDEs (Android Studio or XCode), Build Systems, CI/CD solutions, Libraries, and Compilation tool chains to find opportunities for improvement.
You will enable Twitter to release more features to mobile users all over the world. Your work will help drive company strategic metrics and will be improving the workflow of engineers around the world.
Who You Are:
Helping others to build systems faster sounds like a fun and exciting challenge to you!
Working with other teams, building powerful and intuitive tooling, and automating manual processes is second nature to you.
You are pragmatic, iterative, and seek out feedback so you can focus on where you can add the most value.
You’re self-starting, and inventive but you know how & when to ask for help.
You can communicate abstract ideas easily in both written and verbal forms.
You're happy working within a distributed work environment, collaborating across time zones and cultures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience developing mobile application
- Experience working with development tools and identifying potential improvements.
- Experience building platforms and tools for developers
- Experience working on software for mobile devices
- Experience defining and analyzing application and system metrics
- Strongly preferred, but not required:
- Familiar with a mobile IDE such as Android Studio/IntelliJ IDEA or Xcode
- Experience with a build system such as Gradle, Bazel, or Buck and CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI, or Travis
- Performance engineering: tuning, regressions detection, and profiling
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.