Senior Manager, Data Center Engineering (Mission Critical Engineering)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate and solve problems together. We believe conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what we call Twitter employees) come to work everyday.
Who are We
Twitter is seeking a Senior Manager for Data Center Engineering (we refer to it as Mission Critical Engineering or "MCE") to lead a team of professionals passionate about building out large scale on-prem infrastructure. We are looking for a people manager who will provide guidance and empower the design, electrical and mechanical engineering team to deliver data center facilities projects to support the needs of the company’s on-prem expansion plans.
This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure and chance to create an impact on Twitter's Infrastructure delivery and customer satisfaction by driving processes, solutions and supply chain design.
As A Mission Critical Engineering Manager, You Will
- Lead the MCE team in the design and deployment of new data centers and expansion of existing data center infrastructure
- Manage strategy and execution of Twitter’s on-prem infrastructure
- Engage with other engineering managers in cross functional efforts across the Infrastructure Platform Organization
- Negotiating commercial contracts
- Ensure team focus on stability, scalability, cost efficiency and feature-set to enable our on-prem cloud environment
- Lead the design and engineering team in the data center commissioning (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers
- Develop capital project budgets and is acountable for annual budgets of Opex and Capex. Manage approval process for infrastructure projects with Engineering and Finance leadership
- Respond on an as-needed basis to data center related emergencies
- Conduct weekly meetings with direct reports to provide feedback and assist in addressing concerns and removing roadblocks
- Reduce cost to serve via multiple cost saving initiatives, including both technical and vendor negotiations
- Improve organizational health and execution via implementation of appropriate KPIs and SLOs. Lead QBRs with vendors to identify improvement opportunities.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Data Center design or construction operations
- 5+ years people management experience in data center operations
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience building trusted relationships with immediate team, stakeholders and vendors to influence decisions for the benefit of the business
- Executive level negotiation and leadership skills in vendor engagement.
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams.
- This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
- Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with a persistent attention to detail. Can multi-task and prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.