Ads Policy Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Who We Are
The Ads Policy team works closely with Twitter’s Ad Operations, Legal, Product, Public Policy, Comms and Sales teams to advise, assist and train internal partners on various ads policy matters. The team collaborates closely with these partners around the full lifecycle of a policy - from initial legal and regulatory research, to implementation, to re-evaluation in response to incidents. Ads Policy is also responsible for partnering with Product teams to identify risks and collaborate cross-functionally, often navigating competing interests to mitigate such risks.
We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves!
What You’ll Do
You will research, draft, publish, evaluate, and propose policies governing ads on and off of the Twitter platform. You will also identify scalable ways of enforcing policies through existing tools and resources, while also proposing improvements to existing enforcement tools. In your capacity as an expert on regulated industries and advertising rules, you will also advise and assist internal stakeholders on various issues from explaining Twitter’s position on ads to providing guidance on approaching questions of ad targeting.
- Research, draft, publish and evaluate advertising policies
- Continuously evaluate, propose, and execute improvements for existing processes and policies
- Review revenue products to identify areas of risk and provide policy guidance
- Document and explain team policies and processes clearly and intelligibly to Twitter employees and, when required, to advertisers and other third parties
- Provide policy training to Policy Ops, Sales and stakeholders
- Coordinate projects and streamline communications among local/distributed teammates and stakeholders to meet deadlines, produce necessary work product, and achieve team goals
- Handle incoming queries about advertising policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders in Legal, Sales, Product, Public Policy and other areas of the company.
- Understanding of Twitter and familiarity with Twitter Ads
- Exceptional analytical, research, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising space and its associated policy issues
- Able to proactively recognize needs, anticipate issues, and develop solutions
- Able to collaborate with a multicultural and global team of stakeholders who may (at times) have competing priorities.
- Patience, independence, resilience, flexibility, and grit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, rapid growth, fun environment.
- 3+ years of experience at an internet company working on advertising policy issues
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent education/experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.