Engineering Manager, Revenue Experience - Recommendations
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Who We Are:
Twitter is one of the largest and most popular platforms in the world. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users.
Our team is building a product that uses machine learning to generate recommendations that help businesses run successful marketing campaigns on Twitter. We like to think of it as a clever sidekick that can crunch your data and come up with optimisation ideas so advertisers don’t have to!
We are a full stack team. We run our own data pipeline, machine learning models and front-end.
Our Engineering Environment:
Our team and technology came to Twitter through an acquisition (Aiden.ai in November 2019) and we have a strong “startup mentality”: we try to move fast and be agile. We work directly and very closely with our Product and Sales counterparts.
Our product stack is mainly Typescript on Node, Python and Scala.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Be responsible for the group’s technical strategy and roadmap – creating success metrics and prioritizing the team’s work in close collaboration with other engineering teams and Product Managers.
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones.
- Be an engineering talent magnet to make the team successful in your established mission.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team.
What it takes:
You are a successful lead engineer and/or hands-on manager. Not only strong technically, you have shown that you can raise those around you through mentoring, and can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams.
You have knowledge of and experience shipping large scale applications.
You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods.
You have excellent communication skills. You can explain complex technical issues accurately to technical and non-technical audiences.
You have the ability to gather product & business requirements and vet new ideas and proposals. Proven track record of establishing and driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements in systems.
2+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.