Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for Twitter’s Quality Engineering team. Our team specializes in functional, system, automation, load and performance testing at a large scale for highly performant mobile and web applications and backend services. We are looking for a passionate and influential leader who can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers to rapidly deliver high quality products while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements and priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Promote continuous development and improvement within your team and broader engineering organization
- Coach and mentor your team members, direct reports and peers to be the best they can be while attracting and hiring key talent to uplevel the organization
- Ensure your teams are able to effectively deliver on short term goals while enabling the engineering organization to raise the bar on quality and agility
- Develop a strong working relationship with your team and stakeholders
- Work with engineering and product leaders to define and execute a long term quality strategy
- Be a catalyst to promote ‘Quality First’ mindset throughout the cross-functional organization
- Exercise sound judgment, discretion, and timeliness in decision making
- Enable effective decision making and risk/return tradeoffs using quantitative and qualitative quality metrics
Who You Are:
- An accomplished thought leader in rapidly delivering the highest quality products and services to your customers while balancing business priorities and resource constraints
- 5+ years of management experience managing a team of 20+ engineers and Engineering Managers
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience in quality engineering practices, test automation, CI/CD, SDLC, etc.
- Has a passion for improving user experience and technical efficiency
- Leads by example, takes everyone along, is hands-on and has a passion to drive for success
- Can communicate with transparency and clarity and establish strong partnerships with everyone
- Has profound expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution while building modern test frameworks and infrastructure
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team
- Sets clear expectations and creates a positive work environment based on accountability and ownership
- Works well under pressure and is able to shift priorities as needed
- Has Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.