Testing and Deployment Engineer
- Remote, EMEA/Asia, OTHER
- Employees can work remotely
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world. We have clients in 20+ countries, team members in 30+ countries and process 1B+ USD per year in transactions.
As a Testing and Deployment Engineer at Tutuka, you'll be working closely with the entire technical team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
You will help to develop and maintain automated web app testing for APIs in support of our Tutuka applications, playing a pivotal role to establish frameworks for automated testing, service virtualisation, enterprise data and data quality assurance in addition to helping Tutuka move towards continuous testing practices
Be part of improving our solutions:
- Partner with all levels of the technical team to build and enhance a framework focused on automation.
- Develop customer-centric automation test processes for all existing and new product development.
- Collaborate and build tools for internal use to ensure quality at scale.
- Run deployments and improve deployment strategy.
- Manage the incident response process including client reporting as well as identification and tracking of remediation items.
- Create test strategies for a wide range of technically challenging products.
- Develop and contribute to changes in our software test methodology.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in quickly debugging and resolving production-related issues.
- Document, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs through reviews with development team.
- Execute and report automated and manual test cases during all phases of the development life cycle.
Working with us:
Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
We are not big on buzzwords. Right now we are heavy users of ColdFusion, SQL Server, JQuery, HTML5. We also use Java, Ruby, React and Redis, however many of our developers come from programming backgrounds outside of our preferred stack (PHP, Python) and we like that.
Regardless of the stack, you'll be delving into the creative depths of EMV, NFC, HCE, HSMs, ISO-8583, MDES, P2M, MCBP, PINs, CVVs, 3DS, SUKs, JWT, BASE II, JPOS, MIP, DEX, TSMs, BINs, ICAs, TPP, PCI DSS, AML and KYC.
If these sound familiar to you already, or these are acronyms that would excite you, then you'll spend every day stimulated and challenged at Tutuka.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (fluency in at least two programming language)
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with project management (User Story Mapping, JIRA)
- Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with continuous testing practices.
- Experience with test frameworks.
- Knowledge of REST protocol and web sockets.
- Experience with AWS highly recommended.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level.
- This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in EMEA / Asia.
- Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to a schedule aligned with Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2).
We focus on building strong, diverse teams, embracing Tutukans with different backgrounds, experiences and talents.