Junior Communications Assistant
- Remote, EMEA, OTHER
- Employees can work remotely
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world. We have clients in 20+ countries, team members in 30+ countries and process 1B+ USD per year in transactions.
Tutuka’s Product team is experienced and diverse with members spread across two different continents. Our company is growing, and thus our team is growing and now we need you!
The Junior Communications Assistant will report to and support work of the Communications Lead at Tutuka. This will involve working with diverse groups across our global company to assist with communication responsibilities and related functions – including but not limited to: social media management, writing and proof-reading, content co-ordination, managing graphic designers and assisting with marketing admin related tasks.
As part of a small, but growing team, the person in this role has an opportunity to help with the smooth operation of the Communications Team and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long term growth of the company.
About The Role:
- Regularly contribute to Tutuka’s blog and social media and other platforms, in line with our Communications Strategy.
- Compose and post online content on the company’s social media platforms, including managing content calendars and ensuring supporting artwork is on brand.
- Read and assimilate industry news to keep a finger on the pulse of topical content for social media.
- Assist the Communications Team in creating and managing content for sales support materials – in particular, help manage sales presentations/decks to support the Business Development Team.
- Support the Business Development and Communications Team in preparing and winning RFPs.
- Supporting the Communications Team in organizing various projects
- Organize and maintain Communications materials internally for easy access across teams.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and co-ordination of the team’s activities.
- 1+year proven experience as a Communications/Marketing Assistant
- A good understanding of marketing principles
- Experience in a role specifically requiring strong communications skills to work with various levels of people, including high-level executives, lower-level employees and outside agencies.
- Strong writing skills - content that’s clear and concise, and the ability to proof read company documents before going out to clients.
- 100% hands-on and up for the task, with an “all hands on deck” approach
- Well organized with a customer-orientated approach
- Adequate knowledge of online applications included Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter such as financial instruments, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience.
- Grace under fire: Communications + fintech equals a fast-paced working environment. You should be unflappable at crunch time, and be able to deliver a quality product under stressful circumstances.
- Deep curiosity about the intersection of technology and finance
- A strategic mindset. You should bring creative solutions to problems
- Shared values and a good cultural fit at Tutuka
What falls outside the basic requirements but would be awesome if they have them?
- Experience in FinTech, traditional financial services or cryptocurrencies
- Experience as a designer or partnering with design teams (and a good eye for design)
- Experience at an organization that has scaled quickly
- Experience at an organization that has built culture across distributed offices
- SEO knowledge
- This is a full-time, remote contractor position.
- We are looking for candidates in time zones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams, embracing Tutukans with different backgrounds, experiences and talents.