Technical Writer (API)
- Remote, EMEA, OTHER
- Employees can work remotely
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world. We have clients in 20+ countries, team members in 30+ countries and process 1B+ USD per year in transactions.
Tutuka’s Product team is experienced and diverse with members spread across two different continents. Our company is growing, and thus our team is growing and now we need you!
But first….what’s in it for you?
- The chance to have a direct impact on reaching our target customers
- The flexibility of a 100% remote role
- You'll be part of a company that is passionate about social responsibility and changing lives for the better
- Working with a diverse, international team
- Generous paid annual leave plan: Tutuka believes in taking time off to take care of YOU
- The opportunity to grow your career as part of a fast-growing global FinTech
- Competitive salary plus participation in Tutuka’s employee share program
Our product team is looking for a technical writer who loves working on new things, can quickly switch between tasks, can write for audiences of varying technical skills, is receptive to feedback, and writes great documents.
You will contribute to https://developer.tutuka.com/, our API documentation and open source document properties. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining end-user documentation which may include creating conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions, and example commands.
You will be one of the first to try Tutuka's new features as you work with our developers and designers to improve the related user experience and API design.
You care deeply about the power of the written word, effective communication, and what makes a great reader experience. You should be comfortable writing for a global technical audience.
What you’ll be doing:
Own and Manage Technical Document Creation
- You will own the creation, management, and distribution of all technical documentation, that is appropriate for the intended audiences; including but not limited to:
- Quick start guides, installation guides, user guides
- You will own, create and maintain external documentation for all Tutuka products/services on the portals
- You will update and maintain the Swagger docs for the API Reference
- And you will create and maintain quick start guides to assist end-users, understand and use a variety of the portal's features and functionality
Analyse existing and potential content
- You will review existing documentation to ensure up-to-date and accurate information
- You look for opportunities to create documents useful to end users and lead the process to create these documents, working with any internal teams to build the content
- You continually analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single source opportunities
Documentation Processes Across Tutuka
- You drive documentation unification across all Tutuka product areas
- You assist with leading and building the strategy, to build and maintain consistency in documentation across Tutuka
You have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation that helps customers.
You are an expert at writing for both technical and non-technical audiences, as you have knowledge of XML and REST protocols, having 2+ years of experience writing API documentation.
You have deep familiarity with one or more technical content authoring and content management tools.
You love to scope and plan technical writing deliverables based on product plans, prototypes, and specification and develop cross-functional rapport and relationships with stakeholders.
You have familiarity with common source control and bug tracking tools (Git, JIRA) and like to create visuals, such as screenshots and videos using screen capture and screen recording tools.
You are a self-starter, with great attention to detail, strong time-management and decision-making skills and eager to learn complex systems quickly.
You love research, requirements gathering, planning, SEO writing, editing, proofreading, and you are devoted to customer success.
- This is a full-time, remote contract position open to candidates located in EMEA.
- You’ve got a passport and are ready to travel! (at least twice per year internationally...once travel is safe)
We focus on building strong, diverse teams, embracing Tutukans with different backgrounds, experiences and talents.