- Johannesburg, South Africa
Tutuka is an award-winning global Fintech with an enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing system that powers tens of millions of transactions and makes it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
We have an amazing Commercial team in Johannesburg and Cape Town who are making things happen for Tutuka all around the globe and now we need you!
But first….what’s in it for YOU?
- Working with a diverse, international team
- You'll be part of a company that is passionate about social responsibility and changing lives for the better
- Being part of a team that is key to driving our company’s growth around the globe
- Generous paid annual leave plan: Tutuka believe in taking time off to take care of YOU
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing FinTech at the edge of digital payment technology
- Competitive salary plus participation in Tutuka’s employee share trust
About the role:
As Tutuka’s Commercial Assistant, you’ll be the glue that holds our Commercial team together. If you like variety, this is the job for you. You’ll equally support Tutuka’s two-person Legal team plus our Head of Commercial by managing an array of different tasks and important projects. You’ll be communicating with Tutukans across all levels of our organization from around the globe as well as external stakeholders, international regulatory authorities, management companies, etc. We are looking for a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades who has a toolbox full of commercial and legal knowledge and is not afraid to tackle new challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting a team of three by dealing with a wide variety of administrative tasks
- Overseeing administration for visas and work permits (gathering and collating info, dealing with employees, managers, directors, and regulatory authorities)
- Handling the registration and licenses for Tutuka, including liaising with external management companies and overseas authorities
- Managing the team’s calendars, including internal and external meeting scheduling across various time zones
- Assisting in preparation for meetings including gathering information, creating agendas and presentations, taking minutes, etc.
- Communicating on behalf of the team by following up on correspondence and requests from external or internal parties
- Assisting with trademark requests by gathering the required information, liaising with external service providers, and generally handing all administration for the process
- Assisting with gathering documents and information for vendor applications, due diligence requests and RFPs
- Managing and maintaining Tutuka’s corporate information database, ensuring that information of all companies, directors and officers within the organization is up to date at all times
- Filing and organizing all signed agreements, important correspondence and other company documents
- Researching various topics where required
- Acting as the team’s Task Manager, ensuring that team members have everything needed to complete deliverables on time
- This kind of role is not something new for you; you bring 4+ years of experience supporting a team in a legal, commercial or financial environment
- KYC, ACT, AML, FICA, due diligence….these are not just familiar terms, but ones that you’ve previously dealt with
- You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and tackle anything, whether it’s a complex research project or preparing info packets for a shareholder meeting
- While you’ll be working out of our JHB office, you should also be comfortable supporting team members remotely
- You’ve got excellent communication skills and know how to interact with internal and external stakeholders at every level
- Tech-savvy, you know all the ins and outs of MS Office, including Word, Powerpoint, and especially Excel
- Although you’ve got a wealth of knowledge, you’re still hungry to learn more and don’t hesitate to jump on new learning opportunities
- You’re expert-level when it comes to planning and organization...both for your own work, as well as that of the team you’re supporting
- Business or Commercial degree
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences and identities.