Client Executive (Johannesburg)
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Tutuka’s technology allows millions of Visa, Mastercard and UnionPay transactions to be processed around the world. We provide simple-to-use APIs for issuing, redeeming and reconciling prepaid cards to help simplify the complicated world of card processing. We have offices in Johannesburg, Dubai and Bangkok plus a remote team reaching from one side of the globe to the other. Our team is diverse and wide-spread but we all have a shared passion for delivering products that can change lives.
We already have a team of amazing Client Executives who work across four different continents and now we need you!
But first....what's in it for you? Just to give you an idea:
- The chance to represent Tutuka within a portfolio of our top clients
- You'll be part of a company that is passionate about social responsibility and changing lives for the better
- Working with a diverse, international team
- Generous paid annual leave plan: Tutuka believes in taking time off to take care of YOU
- The opportunity to grow your career as part of a fast-growing global FinTech
- Competitive salary plus participation in Tutuka’s employee share trust
About the role:
As Tutuka’s newest Client Executive you’ll play an extremely important role in our success by directly supporting a portfolio of some of our largest and most important clients across Africa. The main goal of this position is to not be “just” a service provider but rather each client’s trusted advisor when it comes to payment solutions. You will be the go-to person for our clients and ultimately be responsible for driving a positive experience for them. This includes building a solid relationship with them from Day 1, resolving all issues either independently or with the help of internal teams, and making sure that our products are being used optimally in order to maximize success for both our clients and Tutuka.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing and maintaining exceptionally strong relationships within each client’s organization.
- Tutuka prides itself on being quick and agile so we’ll look to you to ensure that clients’ requests are immediately acknowledged and resolved as quickly as possible, either on your own or by coordinating with internal teams.
- You’ll be an expert on the client’s line of business and, as their strategic partner, identify opportunities to ensure continuous growth which may include leading the way to expansion into new African territories.
- You’ll also become an expert on the technical aspects of payment processing and Tutuka in particular, and be able to talk about our products and technology and how they can meet each client’s needs.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty shouldn’t scare you away; you’ll have the backing of our Tech and Support teams, but we’ll look to you to tackle concerns and resolve issues head-on.
- Navigate your way through the tough conversations, negotiations, and facilitate conflict resolution when needed while keeping in mind that top-notch service is at the heart of what we do.
We're looking for people that make stuff work. Our core values are…
- Make it happen
- Make it easy
- Make it right
And for this role you’ll need:
- 5+ years of relevant client-facing experience, preferably within the fields of tech or banking
- Experience working with and supporting large corporate clients and proven success in building lasting and successful relationships with them
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A tech-savvy brain and the ability to understand how our products tie into payment processing, plus a talent for explaining tech-related concepts to a non-technical audience
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to jump on client requests as they come up
- A mentality of “the customer comes first” and a willingness to go the extra mile to prove it
- An interest to work in a fast-paced fintech at the cutting edge of global payment technology
- Bonus points for previous experience in the world of payment processing
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences and identities.