Account Manager (UK REMOTE)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Account manages UK HE customers, ensuring retention, growth and strong relationships. As a Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of customers in the UK&I Region. Your objective is to manage the relationship such that the customer will achieve maximum value from our (software)services and upsell and cross sell our wider solutions portfolio. You will build, and proactively execute, account plans to achieve your objectives. In your contact with your customers you will nurture and grow the width and depth of the relationship, branching out to different departments and different contacts inside the institutions to enable full enterprise usage and allow for upsell and cross of our solution portfolio. You will be building and maintaining relationships across the organisation, from the highest levels, Dean/ (vice)chancellors/Directors, to individual instructors.
- Ensure that your customer obtains the maximum value from our (software)services.
- Build, and execute upon, proactive account plans:
- Identify opportunities for your customers to expand and increase the value they obtain from our (software) services and define actions to utilise these opportunities.
- Identify risks for your customers that could jeopardise the value they obtain from our (software) services and define actions to mitigate these risks.
- Be creative and proactive in ways to communicate to your customers to make sure your portfolio is constantly positively informed of the capabilities Turitin can offer.
- Gain and maintain complete knowledge of the functionality of our (software)services.
- Gain and maintain deep relevant knowledge of the EdTech industry that will allow you to act as a thought leader.
- Collaborate constructively within the Turnitin organisation in order to ensure optimal services to and support of your customers.
- Ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are provided to your manager.
- Ensure continuous personal development.
- Builds a pipeline of cross sell & new business through inbound, warm leads and outbound prospecting.
- Targets, builds and maintains lasting relationships with clients. Navigating educational institutions to sell the right products to the appropriate stakeholders, quickly identifying the decision makers.
- Carry out Pitches and Product Demonstrations which have been tailored to meet your customer's pain points and needs.
- Effectively communicate our unique value proposition through social channels, onsite/online pitch/demos and industry events.
- Manage essential data tracking activity and progress in Salesforce CRM.
- Keep up-to-date with and leverage developments in the territory.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Participate in network building opportunities within territory including, but not limited to, conferences, trade shows, on-site campus visits, group presentations, and industry functions.
- Identify and report trends to Product Owners and Executive team to develop our products and roadmap.
- Coaches, advises and supports Sales team members, acting as a mentor or a buddy to other members of the team.
- Strong experience in an account/relationship management or similar role
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with a team
- Self-starter and motivated passionate personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record as thought leader in the UK&I education market
- Proven ability to be a trusted advisor for complex customers in the EdTech industry on different levels.
- 3+ years of sales/account management experience preferably within the education sector
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.