IT Service Management Analyst (UK Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
The Service/Process Analyst is responsible for defining, documenting, monitoring, and analyzing IT processes and services within Information Technology. They will work to gather information, define, and design ITSM capabilities and streamline the processes underlying our service delivery architecture with an end goal of enhancing the user experience and automating processes. They will be required to analyze and prepare business requirements and process flows, perform gap analysis, gain consensus, and make recommendations on new services or service improvements. The position must be able to demonstrate their skill in ITIL/ ITSM processes and best practices.
- Identify, gather & document requirements, build process flow diagrams, and measure & monitor ITSM processes.
- Measure and aid in deployment of new processes, services, or practices.
- Manage projects to implement or improve services or processes throughout IT.
- Manage relationships with key partners in the Enterprise Service Management ecology.
- Collect and document business requirements for initiatives and process improvement/automation efforts.
- Facilitate process workflow modeling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities, and clearly defined end-to-end use cases.
- Review information and trends to ensure that the output of processes are achieving the desired results and that services are meeting agreed upon service levels.
- Leverage continuous improvement techniques to improve services.
- Identify issues, risks, and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Participate in providing information or supporting evidence for audits of how IT services are provisioned and managed.
Recommended Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience with the implementation of scalable ITSM processes/best practices at an enterprise level
- Experience with requirements gathering, definition, analysis, and transfer of requirements to process design
- ITIL V3/V4 knowledge, certifications, or experience (preferable Service Operations)
- Knowledge, certifications, or experience working in or implementing Agile principles
- Experience or knowledge in IT Operations and IT Strategy
- Experience or knowledge in workflow design, implementations and automation in industry standard toolsets (JIRA Service Management preferred)
- Basic understanding of methods for tool integrations (API, etc.)
- Understanding of IT services, products, and supporting architectures
- IT Process mapping and design
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.