AR Specialist - Spanish fluent (Philippines Remote)
Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will play a crucial role in the financial operations of our organization. You will be responsible for accurate billing of our customers, maintaining accurate records of incoming payments, reconciling discrepancies, and ensuring timely collections. The ideal candidate will possess strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a solid understanding of accounting principles. You will collaborate with various departments to facilitate seamless financial transactions and contribute to the overall efficiency of our finance team.
● Generating invoices on sales orders in netsuite
● Create accurate billing schedules which highlight revenue commitments for multi-year deals from SFDC data
● Ensures the ways of working/required approach for different local jurisdictions is understood met and applied
● Generate all credit memos for the region and supports other regions where required
● Adhere to KPIs and metrics to ensure successful billing and collections KPIs can be achieved
● Actively managing Month End tasks and reconciliations ensuring a timely close
● Create Standard Operating Procedures, training guides and develops and oversees Best Practice.
● Awareness and manage the cultural and regional differences with respect whilst enforcing payment terms
● Working with the Orders and Billing Team for sales order corrections, credit memos and prepayments.
● Working with the Tax Team on global tax queries and requirements
● Perform account reconciliations
● Ensures DSO and aging metrics are met in relation to Debtors
● Enables the business to meet its cash collection targets and needs
● Daily review of multiple bank statements across various subsidiaries
● Perform customer account reconciliations
● Global AR (billing & collections) experience
● Ability to multitask, prioritize, and time manage
● Attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently.
● Good interpersonal skills / friendly and approachable
● Good level of Excel/Google sheet
● Flexible/change management
● Self starter
● Highly self motivated/committed
● Fast paced - thrives in a fast-moving environment
● Good communicator (verbal and written) in English and Spanish
● Google Suite (sheet & doc)
● Global/multi-national exposure with multiple currencies and taxation.
● Used to multicultural working environment and understanding of local differences
Elevate your career journey by joining us as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. Take the reins of our financial operations, lead a dynamic team, and make a significant impact on our organization's growth and success.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Turnitin LLC and all related Group and Subsidiary Companies are committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Accountability- Holds oneself responsible for required actions, and ensures that team members/colleagues/ peers also own responsibility for their designated tasks while meeting collective team and company goals. All in service of creating a high performing environment
- Collaboration & Influencing- Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfil 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.