Events Specialist (USA Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As an Event Specialist at Turnitin, you will play a pivotal role in planning, executing, and evaluating a wide range of events designed to promote our B2B SaaS solutions in the education technology sector. You will be responsible for creating impactful and engaging experiences that connect us with key stakeholders, including educators, administrators, and decision-makers in educational institutions.
- Plan and execute a variety of virtual and in-person events, including webinars, conferences, workshops, and roundtables, to promote our B2B SaaS products in the education technology space.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and product marketing, to ensure alignment on event goals, content, and messaging.
- Manage event budgets, negotiate contracts with vendors and venues, and track expenses to ensure cost-effective event execution.
- Support event marketing strategies to drive attendance and engagement, including email campaigns, social media promotion, and targeted outreach to our customer base.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of events, including registration, speaker coordination, AV setup, and on-site support.
- Manage event content in partnership with the relevant marketing teams, including presentations, agendas, and collateral, to ensure alignment with our brand and messaging.
- Evaluate the success of events through metrics such as attendance, lead generation, and post-event surveys, and provide insights for continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competitors' activities, and best practices to drive innovation in our event strategies.
- Foster relationships with partners, sponsors, and potential event collaborators to enhance our event offerings.
- Proven experience in event planning and execution, with a strong portfolio of successful B2B events.
- Familiarity with the education technology sector and the unique needs of educators and educational institutions preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Proficiency in event management software and tools (e.g., Eventbrite, Cvent, Zoom, etc.).
- Analytical mindset to measure and analyze event performance data.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and adaptability in a fast-paced, evolving industry.
- Willingness to travel for in-person events.
The expected annual base salary range for this position is: $56,715/year to $94,525/year. This position is bonus eligible / commission-based.
As a Remote-First company, actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if extended, and is determined by work location and a range of other relevant factors, including but not limited to: experience, skills, degrees, licensures, certifications, and other job-related factors. Internal equity, market and organizational factors are also considered.
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.