Senior Accounts Receivable Billing Specialist (Remote)
Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
As part of the Global Accounts Receivable Team, the Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist role will deliver timely and accurate billing of clients and customers to ensure revenues are able to be realized. Moreover, they will liaise with customers to ensure timely and complete payment for Tii billed services in order to ensure company revenues are received and processed. The role will have direct communication with external customers along with various internal departments.
- Accurate order processing and high volume billing which includes the review of sales orders, generating invoices in multiple subsidiaries & currencies, taxes & tax exemptions.
- Working with the Orders Team for sales order corrections, credit memos and prepayments.
- Obtaining, reviewing validity, and entering of incoming tax exemption certificates
- Follow the Collections process to collect payment on past due invoices, including the tracking of all Collections activity and history on a customer’s account on NetSuite.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls and emails to/from customers.
- Query/dispute resolution for billing and collection queries
- Monitoring of the Team Inbox to ensure timely response to all internal and external customer inquiries
- Organizing and processing of Credit Memos, Chargebacks and refunds.
- Research and clearing of overpayments, duplicate payments, and customer credits; working with the Cash Apps team.
- Perform account reconciliations
- Work closely with a global Sales and the Sales Support team
- Coaching and training team members
- Resolving daily billing and collections issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
- Ledger management of due and overdue accounts
- Carry out dunning and overdue debt collection making phone calls, emails and automated dunning responses.
- Manage Final notices process in line with policy
- Flexibility around month-end and peak season.
- MUST have 5 years minimum Accounts Billing experience
- MUST have International experience to billing, multi-currencies, and local tax processes
- MUST have experience working with local India taxation GST requirements
- Experience creating invoices for EMEA and APAC customers
- Managing e-billing requirements in India
- Resolving billing queries and managing daily high volume batch billing
- Reviewing daily prepayments and cash allocations
- Managing Jira ticket requests for billing
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and time manage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills / friendly and approachable
- Flexible/change management
- Self starter
- Highly self motivated/committed
- Fast paced - thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
Mandatory Tech Skills
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Turnitin LLC and all related Group and Subsidiary Companies are committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Accountability- Holds oneself responsible for required actions, and ensures that team members/colleagues/ peers also own responsibility for their designated tasks while meeting collective team and company goals. All in service of creating a high performing environment
- Collaboration & Influencing- Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfil 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.