Global Internal Communications Specialist - UK Remote
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
You will shape how the company articulates key business information with employees globally and influence our culture of open and honest communication.
This looks like leading projects ranging from writing company-wide messaging; organizing employee-facing events; and strategically enhancing our internal communications channels in our remote-first workplace.
You will sit within the People Team, and report into the Director of Communications & Social Impact.
You Will Thrive in This Role If:
- You are a talented writer, who enjoys making complex information accessible and engaging.
- You are a meticulous event planner, who handles logistics from ideation right through to delivery.
- You are a communications strategist, who understands the mechanics of engaging and educating audiences via digital content.
- You are a persuasive verbal communicator, who enjoys the challenge of presenting in front of diverse audiences including peers and executive leaders.
- You are hungry to learn, grow and advance your career in a dynamic edtech environment where we place our company’s purpose at the heart of everything we do.
- Internal Communication Channels: lead the day-to-day management of all internal communications channels and campaigns. These include: Slack and our Intranet ( Turnitin Connect). You will strategize and introduce new content approaches, write and craft creative new content, monitor for performance, and leverage this data to optimize how we connect with employees. You will have free reign to experiment and creatively devise innovative new channels for reaching different employee audience segments globally.
- Internal Employee Events: lead the end-to-end project management and delivery of all employee facing events including quarterly company meetings, social forums and fireside discussions.
- Crafting Organizational Communications: build a culture of effective communication across the company. This includes partnering with key stakeholders (leaders; employee groups such as ERGs; and employees in diverse geographies) to support them in articulating key strategy updates, project updates and success stories from across the business. This includes incorporating best practices in accessibility, as a uniform standard across all organizational communications.
- User Generated Content: create a self-sustaining system for employees to share their own UGC stories promoting Turnitin. These will be used on both our internal and external communications channels in alignment with our Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Reporting & Evaluation: track all pertinent data on the performance of our communications. Create succinct reporting templates and recommendations for improving performance that are regularly shared with executive leadership.
- Must have experience of working in an Internal Communications role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence.
- Robust project management skills, including partnering and consulting sensitively with stakeholders across departments/geographies.
- Fine tuned cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills, particularly in a global environment.
- High standards of ownership and initiative, including the ability to be accountable for new projects and deliverables.
- Well versed in the importance of data and evaluation in communications practice to inform new approaches.
- Contagious passion for Turnitin’s impact on global educators and learners plus our company’s purpose, norms, mission and values.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.