Account Executive - French Speaking (Netherlands Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
In this role as an Account Executive, you will join an international GTM Team, responsible for Iberia, Western Europe, Central/Eastern Europe, and Eurasia (IWECEEE), which covers 42 different countries. Western Europe is one of the most strategic regions for our Team and France is identified as a Tier1 country where we do not have much footprint and market share (below 20%).
We are seeking for a skilled and motivated Sales Hunter to join our team and help us expand our market presence in France by acquiring new logos in a highly competitive environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new sales opportunities, and targeting potential customers who are not yet using our solutions. The Account Executive will be expected to develop a deep understanding of our target market, build relationships with key decision-makers, and close deals that bring new business to the company.
You will work closely with the rest of the IWECEEE Team members; PES team members, while arranging the training sessions; with the ProServ team members, securing the data export; with Marketing team members, to arrange any activities; SalesOps team members and the Legal team members to manage contractual agreements when needed.
- Proven experience as a sales hunter, with a track record of success in acquiring new customers in highly competitive markets.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong research and prospecting abilities, with a talent for identifying new opportunities and building relationships.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and manage time effectively.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Experience in the Educational market or SaaS is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who is passionate about sales and looking for a challenge. If you are a high-energy, results-oriented sales professional with a desire to succeed, we want to hear from you.
This role is target and commission based, any additional OKR’s will be communicated later on.
- Conduct thorough research to identify potential new customers in France, focusing on winning back from the local competitor
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified leads and opportunities, using a variety of sales techniques and channels, including cold-calling, email campaigns, and networking.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy that effectively targets and engages key decision-makers at potential customer organizations
- Conduct sales presentations, product demonstrations, and negotiations to close deals with new clients
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop targeted campaigns and materials that help to attract new business and position our products and services as superior to those of our competitor
- Provide regular feedback on market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to the management team
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Communicates and collaborates effectively across all internal teams
- Documents in SFDC account needs and feedback, and shares with sales leadership
- Ensures that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are provided to your manager
- Understands and follows key educational trends and legislation in territory and uses this knowledge to identify opportunities for yourself and the wider team
- Minimum Bachelor degree level diploma
- Knowledge of SFDC, the user of Mac, and the entire G-suite
- English (business level), French native
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Sales or a similar role preferred
- Results-driven self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated sales and objection-handling skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent phone presence
- Proven ability to work eﬀectively with a team
- Understanding of the secondary educational system
- Familiarity with use of Apple computers, G-Suite business applications, and Salesforce
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.