IAM Security Administrator (UK REMOTE)
100% REMOTE (Must be UK based)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As an Identity and Access Management (IAM) Administrator you will be responsible for contributing to the improvement of Turnitin's security posture by implementing process and system changes for how we manage access control for our systems. You will work with Corporate IT, Business System Owners, and other Operations teams to migrate existing on-premise, cloud based, and SaaS systems into our Single-Sign On (SSO) tools; define, design, and implement processes for facilitation of user access administration, including account setup/changes/deletions for some of Turnitin's most crucial systems and platforms; define, design, and implement role/permissions profiles for system access based on job functions across the company. You will balance day-to-day access provisioning duties with flexing your creative muscles to contribute to the standardization and improvement of provisioning processes while leveraging automation where possible to improve efficiency and the user experience.
- The candidate will be responsible for user access administration, including account setup/deletions, user & system account provisioning and entitlement setup for some of Turnitins most crucial systems and platforms!
- Requests are handled through ticketing queues within JIRA Service Management and other platforms
- Work with Corporate IT, Business Systems, and other Operations teams to define, design, and implement processes for user & system account provisioning with a goal of improving the user experience and leveraging automation where possible
- Accomplish assigned tasks with little or no supervision
- Provisioning access to applications within our SLA
- Handling ad hoc incidents and support requests
- Participate in required on-call support rotation and perform scheduled tasks supporting deployments
- Process daily users’ terminations and transfers
- Incorporating process changes and updates into the Standard Operation Procedures (Runbooks)
- Provide support and troubleshooting for access issues and escalate as necessary to Tier 3 Support
- Participate in user acceptance testing for new IAM capabilities
- Respond to requests from audit with direction from management
- You will tackle sophisticated problems, build innovative solutions and promote secure practices throughout the organization
- 2-5 years of IAM experience
- Demonstrated experience in IAM best practices - certifications preferred
- Experience in performing assessments across existing IAM practices and recommending improvements based on risk to the organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in working in a Google Workspace environment
- Knowledge of Okta (and other SSO tools), Multi-Factor Authentication, Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Service Management), Active Directory, SQL, and various SaaS solutions (understand basic architecture and application of IAM security concepts/principles)
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current changes within legal, regulatory, and technology environments which may affect operations. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes and updates in a timely manner. Maintains continuity of any required or desirable certifications.
- Experience with gathering, analyzing, and presenting evidence to support IAM audits
- Prior experience in creating documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to connect with all partners, to include leadership, system engineers and end users
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate risk reports/issues to key business partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally, establish credibility, and working relationship within internal and external partners to ensure a shared outcome
- Effective communication and ability to convey solutions to business including comfort interacting with internal management and external partners
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, ability to execute process, and follow through on tasks
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.