QA Engineer - QA (SPAIN Remote)
- Madrid, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
You will join our growing technical department and you’ll help shape and develop a more mature team. You'll be surrounded by talented professionals. Some are passionate about honing their craft and applying it to delivering world-class experiences. Others are equally passionate about developing high performing teams in tandem with deliverables. Both are critical. We wear many hats and roll up our sleeves. We collaborate and help each other. We do what needs to get done to deliver on our commitments and deliver amazing products to our customers and users.
Key Responsibilities and Outputs
Work closely with other development team members to understand all features and how to best integrate testing workflows.
Help product managers identifying and setting requirements for all possible user flows, including the ability to translate SLA requirements into technical requirements that can be tested.
Contributing to the architectural designs made by the team, ensuring they take into account testing requirements.
Help implement the CI/CD pipeline.
Complement the whole team, as well as the development team, to improve bug management and bug visibility
Operate in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders
Resolve complex technical issues as necessary
Keep abreast of new technology developments
Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban,...)
Experience with web application quality assurance
Experience with test automation planning, setup and reporting
Some experience with CI/CD processes and tools
Some experience with containerised applications and distributed systems
An innovative mindset, with the capability to think outside-of-the-box
A pragmatic mindset, with the ability of quickly applying out-of-the-box solutions
Understanding of the difference between out-of-the-box and outside-of-the-box
Ability to work well in a team, willingness to help others, to give and receive feedback and compromise when needed
Strong analytical capacity
Excellent communications skills
Wisdom - enough to understand what is better and why
Moderation - enough to know how to incrementally improve
Justice - enough to be unbiased in judgment
Courage - enough to keep your wits around you when things go the wrong way
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.