AR Billing Specialist (INDIA Remote)
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Employees can work remotely
Turnitin is a global SaaS company dedicated to ensuring the integrity of education and research and supporting the development of original thinking skills. As the academic and research landscape evolves, Turnitin stays ahead of trends through advancements in technology and deep partnerships with education leaders, institutions, and practitioners. Turnitin’s proprietary content databases — built over 20 years — provide an unparalleled repository of 1+ billion student papers, best-in-class scholarly content from top publishers in every major discipline and in dozens of languages, and 70+ billion current and archived web pages. We promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all assignment types and subject areas so that educators can help students do their best, original work
As part of the Global Accounts Receivable Team, the Accounts Receivable Specialist role will deliver timely and accurate billing of clients and customers to ensure revenues are able to be realized. Moreover, they will liaise with customers to ensure timely and complete payment for Tii billed services in order to ensure company revenues are received and processed. The role will have direct communication with external customers along with various internal departments.
- Accurate order processing and high volume NetSuite billing which includes the review of sales orders, generating invoices in multiple subsidiaries & currencies, taxes & tax exemptions.
- Working with the Orders Team for sales order corrections, credit memos and prepayments.
- Obtaining, reviewing validity, and entering of incoming tax exemption certificates
- Follow the Collections process to collect payment on past due invoices, including the tracking of all Collections activity and history on a customer’s account on NetSuite.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls and emails to/from customers.
- Query/dispute resolution for billing and collection queries
- Monitoring of the Team Inbox to ensure timely response to all internal and external customer inquiries
- Organizing and processing of Credit Memos, Chargebacks and refunds.
- Research and clearing of overpayments, duplicate payments, and customer credits; working with the Cash Apps team.
- Perform account reconciliations
- Work closely with a global Sales and the Sales Support team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
- Ledger management of due and overdue accounts
- Carry out dunning and overdue debt collection making phone calls, emails and automated dunning responses.
- Manage Final notices process in line with policy
- Flexibility to around month-end and peak season.
- MUST have 2 years minimum high volume Accounts Billing experience
- MUST have International experience to billing, multi-currencies, and local tax India processes
- MUST have experience working with local India taxation GST requirements
- MUST have experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Experience creating invoices for EMEA and APAC customers
- Managing e-billing requirements in India
- Resolving billing queries and managing daily high volume batch billing
- Reviewing daily prepayments and cash allocations
- Managing Jira ticket requests for billing
Mandatory Tech Skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and time manage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills / friendly and approachable
- Flexible/change management
- Self starter
- Highly self motivated/committed
- Fast paced - thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
Salary for this position is 600K - 800K INR annually
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.