Sr. Quality Engineer (UK Remote)
- Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Turnitin is looking for an experienced Sr. Quality Analyst who is passionate about delivering high-quality products.
Work closely with developers and Product Managers within an agile team to test products and services for Turnitin.
Create tests to identify bugs
Analyze bugs and errors found during tests
Reporting results of tests
Recommend improvements in software to enhance the user experience
Define test flows, test plans, and test cases
Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution
5+ years of hands-on experience in functional/non-functional software testing
Understanding of test design techniques
Experience with test planning (writing test plans, test cases, checklists)
Experience working in Agile environment, ability to adapt to substantial and/or routine changes
Experience with API testing
Experience in Automation Testing is a must.
Experience with Test Management tools (Testrail, Xray, etc.)
Familiarity with Bug Tracking tools (Jira) and Wiki (Confluence)
Working knowledge of CLI (Command Line Interface)
Knowledge of writing SQL queries
Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
Excellent communication and attention to detail
Upper-Intermediate or higher English level, both spoken and written (B2+)
Nice to Have
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience with CI Platform (Jenkins)
Experience with AWS Management console
Experience with performance testing
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.