Principal Salesforce Business Analyst (UK Remote)
- Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
The Principal Salesforce Business Analyst works across Sales and other key operational areas to identify requirements and scope where change to systems, tools, data and processes are required to deliver specific business outcomes. They take the lead to document requirements through ‘use cases’ and ‘user stories’. They are responsible for defining and agreeing the Acceptance Criteria, for working with the architects and developers to clarify the requirement and ensure the design meets the acceptance criteria and will then coordinate and support the end to end and business acceptance testing phases. They will lead on all items of change from small change requests through to major project deliveries.
Our company CRM is Salesforce, it’s our key sales system and therefore the Principal Salesforce Business Analyst is an experienced Salesforce Admin and/or Salesforce Consultant with the appropriate Salesforce Certification, has a deep understanding of Salesforce and is able to bring the knowledge of Salesforce best practice to shape the design to deliver the business requirement. They will have strong technical and functional capacities, will be process-driven, project-oriented, and passionate about Salesforce technologies and its business application. They will take the role of trusted advisor to business colleagues in the use and development of Salesforce, they will take a consultative approach to working with internal stakeholders.
The Principal Salesforce Business Analyst is a senior member of the Sales Systems team and provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- As a trusted advisor, work with key sales leaders to improve process, tools and systems to ensure they have the best capabilities to support the sales effort
- Discover, analyze, and define business processes and system requirements to achieve defined business outcomes
- Elicit and document business requirements using User Story or Use Case techniques, and Acceptance Criteria for all requirements, ensuring that they are fully testable
- Contribute to end to end test plan creation, scenarios and scripts
- Lead and coordinate End to End and Business Acceptance Testing phases supporting business testers as required
- Develop implementation support plans
- Work with Sales Operations and Sales Enablement to drive systems improvements, and roll out new features and processes
- Provide consultancy support to key stakeholders and business users in the use and development of Salesforce
- Create current and future state solution designs; document existing processes and update them as they are rolled out and revised
- Lead the design of Salesforce, with a keen eye toward user experience, process efficiency, and data integrity
- Lead the effort to maintain data cleanliness for completeness and accuracy
- Research production issues, respond proactively, and resolve end-user problems
- Lead and support the Salesforce Admins to share knowledge and help them resolve Helpdesk issues
- Act as a mentor to less experienced Business Analysts, Salesforce Admins and other team members
- Excellent communicator
- A passion to lead, to mentor and support colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Positive attitude
- Passion for continuous learning
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams worldwide
- Certified Salesforce Admin
- Experience of writing User Stories as a technique to capture and articulate business requirements.
- Exposure to the breath of the Salesforce eco systems (Sales, Service, Communities, CPQ, Pardot)
- Salesforce CRM experience; Salesforce Admin certifications with good knowledge of one or more of these areas: sales cloud, service cloud, CPQ
- Business process analysis, data modeling, and detailed functional design skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, CS or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.