IT Engineer (UK Remote)
- Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Turnitin is looking for an experienced IT Engineer who will work within our corporate Global IT group. Reporting to the UK IT Manager, this position works closely with the IT and Operations team in the US and the UK to ensure all internal Turnitin employee needs are processed accurately and efficiently. We are looking for a customer service oriented team player with a strong work ethic who can hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
Provide support to users and operations in our Dallas office as well as those working remotely
Perform preventive and on-demand maintenance on a variety of client Mac and Windows systems
Be responsible for ensuring customers’ computer issues are resolved in a timely manner
Support end users in person and via remote assistance, telephone, chat and email
Provide resolution to technical or application issues reported by customers or management
Respond to customer issues with status and resolution
Document and maintain support records of customer interaction for the knowledge base in the ticketing system
Track issues and act as liaison between IT Department, Operations team and related departments in order to resolve issues
On-boarding and off-boarding of employees
Conduct Proof Of Concepts for emerging technologies
Lead or participate in project teams performing complex technology related activities
Tooling, research and continual improvement of processes and procedures
Assisting with any and all Migration projects
- 3-5+ years experience in an IT support setting
Mac OS X desktop experience supporting end users and desktop applications
Experience with Windows 10 and with imaging tools
Experience with productivity and collaboration tools including Google Workspace, Slack, MS Office 365, and Zoom video conferencing, OKTA, Atlassian.
3+ years of experience with mobile iOS and Android devices
Jira & Confluence experience
Experience with Single Sign On technologies
Experience with telephony systems and contact centers
Knowledge of JAMF Suite deploying, imaging and managing OS X and iOS devices
Mobile Device Management
Strong knowledge of Dell & Mac hardware and software
Experience in managing system accounts in Active Directory
Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
Proven organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and handle multiple issues simultaneously
Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
ITIL, A+, Network +, MCP, Atlassian Qualifications, JAMF Qualifications
Ability to travel domestically & internationally if required
Strong ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Excellent attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills
Desire to provide excellent customer service to all levels of internal customers
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.