Senior Product Manager - Reporting & Data Insights - (USA Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You'll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
This role will be responsible for developing the reporting and insights platform that will serve users of all assessment products across the company. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining the product roadmap and prioritizing the product backlog, informed by understanding user needs, market demands, and our overall company strategy. This includes new feature development, enhancements, problem management, and collaboration/integration with cross-product initiatives. The Senior Product Manager will collaborate closely with the Development team, as well as coordinating with various product owners who serve as stakeholders in the Insights platform.
- Develop subject matter expertise about the Turnitin assessment platform, especially reporting and insights
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs and competitive pressures to inform decision-making
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders, including Assessment and AI teams, to drive overall strategy and define product roadmaps while maintaining visibility and alignment across the business
- Lead definition of Epic-level requirements and detailed user stories, in collaboration with Design and Engineering teams
- Maintain prioritized Epic-level roadmap and Story-level backlog in support of overall business objectives
- Triage problem management escalations, providing feedback on prioritization and approach to expedite resolution
- Collaborate with other Product and Engineering teams on execution to coordinate dependencies and foster timely delivery of software
- Work with Program Manager to plan and execute go-to-market activities, including internal and external communication and training
- Seek out and leverage feedback, including client interviews and usage data, to measure success and drive additional iterations
- Passion for Learning -- ability to quickly learn about our markets and products, to study client needs and user experience gaps, and to enable our clients’ learning success
- Collaboration -- ability to develop healthy, productive relationships with various stakeholders (engineering, operations, sales, clients, etc.)
- Execution -- ability to organize, define, and deliver work of high quality in a timely manner
- Prioritization -- ability to balance priority and investment in pursuit of multiple business objectives, setting clear expectations about what is and is not the priority with internal stakeholders
- Experience managing product roadmaps, especially in Jira/Confluence
- Ability to lead collaborative design sessions with UX and technical teams
- Ability to manage a small team
- Ability to lead internal and external presentations/trainings
- 5-10 years experience as a Data Analyst, Product Owner, or Product Manager
- Experience working with Software as a Service
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.