Territory Sales Manager (India Remote)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Territory Sales Manager to help us bring our services to new Higher Education and other academic and research Institutions.
In this role you will be responsible for driving new business across a geo-territory, executing our sales strategies, developing sales tactics and delivering territory action plans tailored to the achievement of the sales objectives for your territory.
You are eager to establish strong effective relationships with new Higher Education / Academic / Research institutions in the territory and a convincing and respected partner for these stakeholders, based on thought leadership in the areas of academic integrity and original writing. This position reports into Regional Manager – South & West India, Sri Lanka, Maldives.
- Forecast, own, and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Build pipeline through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting via a multi-touch strategy
- Successfully introduce cutting-edge products to a diverse pool of prospects
- Work closely with your immediate and wider-team such as marketing, account management, customer success, and technical support to ensure a top-notch client experience
- Effectively communicate Turnitin’s value proposition through onsite/online proposals and presentations
- Management of essential data in Salesforce CRM such as prospecting, forecasting, quoting, administration, and account metrics
- Keep up-to-date with and leverage developments in your territory such as growth opportunities, market trends, and State policy changes
- Contribute to strategy and planning alongside management
- Analyse market, industry and customers to identify sales opportunities and issues and prepare concrete plans/campaigns, strategic and tactical, to address such issues and realize opportunities.
- Execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base in your territory. Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Achieve a high customer satisfaction level that meets requirements of the customer and the company
- Achieve a new business target that is set for the territory
- Positively contribute to overall team targets set
- Contribute to our culture heavily through our organisation values
- You must be an experienced sales person who thrives in a fast-moving environment and understands how to build out a territory for the long term (proven experience is a must).
- Experience within SaaS sales in Higher Education space
- Must be a comfortable and confident public speaker, adept at presenting to audiences ranging in size from one to several hundred people.
- Demonstrable experience in developing customer centric, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Practitioner of Solution Selling preferred.
- Experience of Salesforce preferred.
- Bachelor's degree mandatory, Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in English and preferred proficiency in any of the languages like Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a team player and an active ‘doer’ but at the same time highly self-motivated with the proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Must be able to travel consistently (30-40% of time), and sufficiently, to achieve assigned sales projections or quotas.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.