Product Manager (NL Remote)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager that showcases outstanding product management and communication skills to drive effective teamwork across several teams and functions both internal and external. You will be working very close to the product management team, user experience team and actively participating in to drive product development on behalf of our customers. As a Product Manager, you will guide products/features/improvements from the idea stage to full production and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers. Your primary focus will be delivering products that are valued by our clients.
We are looking for a goal-oriented, proactive individual who is comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to drive a product from an early design concept to delivery. You must have expertise in business with a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their problems and enjoy working with technical teams to develop innovative solutions. You'll need to be able to speak truth to power, supporting your decisions with data.
As a technology-focused Product Manager, you will work closely with our customers, product management team and product analyst to understand product vision and goals and jointly work with developers and designers to prioritize, plan, and deliver software.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that will grow market share & improve customer experience
- Collect, aggregate & analyze qualitative and quantitative data from different sources (both internal & external) to generate product hypotheses.
- Monitor and use product data & metrics to validate the most impactful product hypotheses.
- Translate market problems into a list of detailed user stories & acceptance criteria, create prototypes supported by market research and on-going interaction with both customers and non-customers.
- Create & maintain product collateral, including but not limited to PRDs, user guides and product research.
- Identify milestones within product roadmap delivery, communicate milestones to stakeholders and manage an execution as an agile product owner.
- Work closely with the engineering team on a daily basis to implement the backlog and to launch features/improvements with cross-department support.
- Extensive Product Management experience with B2B SaaS (min of 3 years of Product management experience)
- Ability to understand industry and market trends and apply those insights in product development
- Ability to analyze data, find and validate hypotheses
- Hands-on experience in writing detailed product requirements documents (PRDs), user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and implications of business, design and technical decisions
- Ability to learn fast, collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM) methodology
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.