Senior UI Engineer (USA Remote)
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
100% REMOTE (Must be U.S. based)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
ExamSoft is seeking a driven and passionate Senior UI Engineer to write and test code on the ExamSoft product suite. This role reports to the Manager, Software Engineering and is responsible for creating high quality code to support the product roadmap from maintenance to new feature/product development.
The Senior UI Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments.
This person is attentive to detail, driven to problem solve, and adaptive to new technologies and best practices. The Senior UI Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of members within the organization to achieve roadmap deliverables.
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team.
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products.
- Maintain and support existing features and products.
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
- Investigate and resolve support issues.
- Assisting with building automated tests.
- Ensure automated builds and continuous integration are always working.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the product and development processes.
- Participating in software development process following Kanban methodology.
- 5+ Years of HTML5 / CSS3 experience
- 2+ Years of Angular experience
- Experience with LESS / SASS
- Experience in modern UI/UX design styles and technologies
- Experience with Foundation CSS framework
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.