QA Manager - ExamSoft (USA Remote)
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
100% REMOTE (Must be U.S. based)
When you join Turnitin you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
ExamSoft (a Turnitin Company) is looking to hire an experienced QA Manager to help build and nurture a high performing team of 10+ Engineers to work across the full suite of Turnitin services. As a QA Manager, you will help to ensure that all code is checked and healthy before entering into production, using best practice industry leading methodology to drive continuous improvement in our Engineering teams.
- Provides hands on leadership of the team
- Collaborates with Peers and team to define, develop and implement quality assurance best practices and procedures: test strategies, test plans, test cases, and other quality-related assessments for their scrum team
- Coordinates testing across multiple teams/projects and ensure adequate test coverage of all components
- Aligns with engineering and product management to ensure on-time delivery of high quality features
- Analyzes and manage quality metrics across development projects
- Provides development opportunities for the QA team to broaden and enhance their skill sets, working with the team to ensure they have Individual development plans to stretch and grow their skills
- Identifies opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo and defining alternative and creative solutions
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies, bringing recommendations for change and innovation to leadership and own team
- Ensures the team has great communication across the organization and are up to date with vision and mission of the company
- Takes part on projects as requested
- 5+ years of quality assurance for cloud-based applications, large-scale web applications, single-page applications, either for consumer-facing sites or software as a service.
- 3+ years hiring, managing and mentoring quality/software engineering staff
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional Agile teams.
- Knowledge of front-end test automation best practices and tools, in particular Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with integrating automated testing process with continuous integration tools, in particular Jenkins and Bit Bucket
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience testing web services/APIs, and the automation thereof.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Hands-on experience with automating tests for BDD and TDD.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of testing native mobile applications.
- Knowledge of web application security standards
- Performance and Scale testing experience across server and client products/systems
- Experience working in EdTech!
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.