Front-End Software Engineer - ProctorExam (Netherlands Remote)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
ProctorExam works with colleges, universities and certification providers to offer a secure web-based infrastructure for remote exams. We allow candidates greater access to education and institutions with more flexible, scalable and cost-effective ways to conduct authentic assessments digitally.
ProctorExam offices are located in the heart of Amsterdam.
ProctorExam is looking for an experienced front-end engineer to help us build user-facing applications used by millions of test takers, proctors and administrators. We are looking to revamp the experience for all our users, to make it more friendly, sleek and modern.
This is a high-impact role in which you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Product, Quality Assurance, and Support teams
- Implement end-to-end solutions for ProctorExam’s suite of applications
- Help breaking down large projects and features into independently workable/shippable milestones and stories
- Write readable, testable, and maintainable code
- Make contributions to both the short- and long-term development of our products and team processes
- Be well-versed in best practices in writing efficient, understandable CSS and accessible, standards- compliant HTML.
- Understand frontend performance
- Familiarity with current frontend build systems (Webpack)
- Well-versed in writing and running unit- and integration tests
- Using Git as part of a collaborative team, including branching, pull request, and code review processes.
- Accustomed to iterative development practices, breaking problems down, shipping small pieces rather than long-running features, etc.
- Specific experience developing plugins for Chrome.
- Experience working with video streams, both live and non-live, knowledge of video players and rendering video.
- Experience working full-stack in one or more server-side technologies, preferably to develop APIs. Our edge service[s] are mostly written in Ruby on Rails and NodeJS.
- Browser-driven end-to-end testing using a tool like Robots, Selenium or Puppeteer, and/or frameworks that operate on top of them.
- Working with containers in development and/or deployment contexts code review processes.
- Automation (Gitlab or other CI/CD)
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.